Tafsiri services of Shaykh Suhaib Hasan and Shaykh AbdulGhaffar Hasan
Tafsiri services of Shaykh Suhaib Hasan AbdulGhaffar
1) “Ma za Yajibu alal Muslimeen Tujah Al-Quran”: This is the name of the Arabic translation done by Shaykh Suhaib Hasan of Dr Israr Ahmed’s Urdu book “Muslmanon par Quran Majeed ke Huqooq”. This translation was published in many parts in the Arabic magazine “Al-Ba’th Al-Islami” of Nadwah Al-Ullama Luknow and then in the form of a book.
2) “Study of the Quran”: In 1976, Shaykh Suhaib Hasan started a corresponding course in English entitled “Study of the Quran” which has 20 parts. The first part of this course was the explanation of verses of Prophets from Adam to the Prophet (saw), the second part was related to Ahadith related to worship and the third part was related to Eman.
3) “Essay on Usul At-Tafsir”: Shaykh Suhaib Hasan presented an essay on Usul At-Tafsir in an international conference in London, which was based mainly on his teacher Shaykh Muhammad Ameen Shanqiti’s Tafsir “Adhwa Al-Bayan”.
4) Revision of Abdullah Yusuf Ali’s English translation of the Quran: In 1986-1987, Shaykh Suhaib Hasan spent 3 months in Riyadh in the company of Shaykh Mutawwali Darsh (former Imam of Islamic Cultural Centre London) upon the invitation of Daar Al-Ifta to revise the translation of Abdullah Yusuf Ali, and to correct whatever in it was against the creed of the Salaf. They removed or corrected 600 footnotes among 6300 footnotes, and this revised translation was then published by King Fahd Complex and distributed freely to pilgrims.
5) “Quran Society”: Shaykh Suhaib Hasan’s correspondence course mentioned previously was then published by his institute “Quran Society” which also published more than 10 booklets on different topics, which also contains the booklet “Introduction to the Quran”
6) Weekly Lessons of Tafsir in Urdu and English: Shaykh Suhaib Hasan did Urdu Tafsir of the Quran in a famous Masjid of East London up to 1990. This Tafsir reached Surah Al-Qasas and was unfortunately not recorded. Afterwards Shaykh Suhaib Hasan started again the Tafsir of the Quran in English in a local Masjid in 1992, and this weekly Dars was then moved to Masjid Tawheed Leyton in 1998. This Tafsir has reached Surah Zukhruf, most of it is preserved in tapes.
7) Talkhis of the Quran: Shaykh Suhaib Hasan delivered summarised lessons of the Quran in English after Salah Tarawih during Ramadhan in Masjid Tawhid. This summary has been completed fully in 4 years.
8) Tafsir on Islam Channel: In 2004, Shaykh Suhaib Hasna started Tafsir on Islam Channel in English
9) Lectures on the Quran: The Shaykh delivered many lectures on Usul Tafsir, the compilation of the Quran and Tafsir of selected verses or Surah in many cities of UK and US.
10) Summary of Al-Itqan of Hafiz Suyuti: The Shaykh presented a summary of “Al-Itqan fi Ulum Al-Quran” of Suyuti in a weekly course in Masjid Tawhid Leyton.
(Adapted from “Bare Sagheer le Ahl e Hadith Khudam e Quran” of Shaykh Ishaq Bhatti p 211-212)
Tafsiri services of Shaykh AbdulGhaffar Hasan Rehmani
The following articles of Shaykh AbdulGhaffar Hasan have been written in the monthly magazine “Mohadis”:
1) Ijaz Al-Quran, Mohadis v 1 n 4,5,6.
2) Tafsir Surah Al-Kafirun, v 33 n 9
3) Tafsiri Ifadat Hafiz ibn Qayim, v 26 n 11 and v 27 n 2
4) Surah Fatihah ke Ba’d Aham Tafsiri Nukaat, v 33 n 5
5) Fitri Nizaam Takhliq Quran wa Sunnat ki Roshni mein, v 33 n 11
6) Fahm Quran ke Buniyadi Usul v 33 n 4
7) Quran Majeed ke Huquq or Surah Al-Asr v 33 n 7
(Taken from “Bare Sagheer le Ahl e Hadith Khudam e Quran” of Shaykh Ishaq Bhatti p 348)
The articles “Tafsiri Ifadat Hafiz ibn Qayim” have been published in the form of a book of 448 pages in 2009 by Maktabah Islamiyah under the name “Tafsiri Ifadat wa Nukat Hafiz ibn Qayim”
Likewise the article “Fahm Quran ke Buniyadi Usul” has been published in the form of a booklet of 48 pages by “Tanzeem Ad-Da’wah ilal Quran was Sunnah”
This article has been compiled by students of Shaykh Suhaib Hasan